Sanofi a global integrated healthcare leader, focused on patients’ needs. Our Ambition We are a global integrated healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. We demonstrate leadership both in business achievements and in the communities in which we operate. We wish to be known for our ability to transform scientific innovations into therapeu…
Read more about this company
Country Category Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Executes and implements contracts in country and cluster specific perimeter. Develops, implements and executesbregional strategies following guidance from Global Category and Cluster Management. This mission is aligned with the values, the ethical charter and the code of conduct of the Group. Scope is on country level.
Job Description And Key Accountabilities
- Ensures the good execution of all direct procurement categories (Raw mat-Packaging & Capex) sourcing plan in line with regional, global strategy and country needs.
- Contribute with the Sanofi Procurement sourcing team and Business Partners (lead specifiers) to build innovative subcategory strategies that have measurable benefit for Sanofi.
- Share the global supplier market expertise in Sanofi.
- Anticipate and consolidates all business needs to carry out consolidated negotiations on specific category and/or subcategories for a global strategic sourcing strategy, with regional and country implementation plans
- Deliver world class total savings objectives.
- Ensure procurement technical excellence (TCO, SRM, Market Intel, Risk Management, Innovation, CSR, HSE, compliance, quality…) at his/her perimeter,
- As per mandate of the Direct Procurement Cluster Head, manage Business Reviews with identified key suppliers
- Purchases to conform to latest specifications
- Order from Quality Approved Suppliers only
- Drive the negotiations with suppliers under his/her perimeter,
- Obtain quotes from suppliers & negotiate and complete analysis
- Annual Tenders – data collections, compile tender document, invite suppliers to tender, analysis, award, monitor
- Project Management : Excellent in coordination, close follow up and implementation of project steps for assurance of success.
- Deep understanding of the Purchasing Price Variance Report and planning actions it deviates from the budget.
- Procurement Budget exercise for the respective perimeter
- Sourcing for new product development
- Provide information and support for controlling reporting activities per respective categories
- Provide support to Sanofi’s DPO objectives with suppliers in the country.
- Be accountable on achieving Inventory PPC Purchase Goods improvement process & targets (shared with Supply
- Chain function)
- Provide to procurement network: Market trends, share budget assumptions and Long-Range Plan
- Drive the development of new market opportunities (new suppliers, technologies, substitution products, etc.)
- As assigned, lead a S.R.M. program at his/her perimeter.
- Utilize Lean Concept to drive the resolution of issues and improve supplier performance.
- Is accountable for optimizing purchasing of goods and services within defined spend families to meet the needs of internal customers, in compliance with the purchasing/sourcing orientations and company procedures
- Ensure proper BP at country level, with Country IA stakeholders, as it pertains to their respective categories, ensure adequate lead specifier profile for the sub category;
- Ensure consistency, communication and integration within the IA, Business and Procurement network as it pertains to their respective categories,
- Actively support & have support business partnering activities to and from their procurement peers,
- Act as Procurement focal point for pre-defined subjects and as a facilitator for the purchasing function between stakeholders and buyers
- Ensure the operational sourcing & action plan follow up for his/her procurement categories (compose of different spend families) fully aligned with category management strategy/orientation.
- Support RCM and pears, provides advice and/or participates to their strategic negotiations according to needs.
Procurement Risk Management, Compliance, Ethics and CSR
- Take part in regular training sessions to audits requirements,
- Compliance sanity checks
- “pre/post-audit” management
- Crisis management
Knowledge / Skills:
Education & Experience
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree. No certification required. Master’s Degree Desirable.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Min number of years of experience 3+.
- Working experience on SAP an advantage
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent Computer literacy skills– MS Word; Excel; Power Point; Outlook essential
- Additional in house packages will be trained
Technical Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement systems, processes and procedures;
- Analytical and negotiation skills and techniques;
- Management skills in assessing business issues;
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal interactions skills;
- Facilitating cross-functional teams;
- Project Management
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to multi-task
- Key factor – able to meet deadlines, sense of Urgency