The Bureau of the Fiscal Service, on behalf of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), is posting this job vacancy to seek a qualified individual to serve as a Country Program Coordinator (CPC) for its field office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania under a personal service contract for a base period of 12-months and four 12-month option periods.
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF) is an agency of the United States Government. USADF provides grant funding to private businesses, farmers’ cooperatives, associations, and various community-based organizations, especially those serving marginalized peoples engaged in economic and social development activities.
The Foundation started its grant funding activities in Tanzania in 2008. USADF’s office in Dar es Salaam provides on-going support to projects that have been financed and also continues to identify viable local self-help groups, NGOs, and small and medium-sized enterprises that show potential to create employment opportunities, generate sustainable incomes and have broad social impact beyond the grant activity .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Citizen of the Country of Tanzania (signed statement only with initial application)
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in agriculture, business administration, management, public administration, finance, accounting, community development, economics, or a related field
• High level of motivation, personal commitment, and ethical standards.
• Fluency in written and spoken Swahili and English.
• Willingness to travel extensively throughout Tanzania.
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently in high visibility, high-pressure environments and operate in a complex office environment, emergency and/or political crisis situations with minimal supervision;
• Knowledge of grant management or commercial/micro-lending;
• Experience working with marginalized groups and/or community-based enterprises.
• Experience managing client relationships, especially in grants management, banking, business development, or international development contextExperience with or education related to financial management/accounting
• Experience auditing, monitoring, or evaluating international development programs.
• Five years of professional experience in business development, finance, banking, auditing, monitoring and evaluation, and/or management of international development program.
• Knowledge of community needs assessment, mobilization, community enterprises participatory development, and/or monitoring the implementation of an assistance activity under a grant or cooperative agreement.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience working with international donors
• Experience with grant management or commercial/micro lending.
• Knowledge of and commitment to USADF mission and priorities.
• Knowledge or experience with community needs assessments.
• Experience with participatory development methods.
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job announcement is solely intended to advertise the Tanzania Country Program Coordinator (CPC) position opening. To apply for this position, YOU MUST RESPOND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SOLICITATION RFP-ADF-PRG-21-0004 POSTED AT https://beta.sam.gov/ .
A COPY OF THE SOLICITATION CAN ALSO BE OBTAINED AT: https://usadf.gov/career-opportunities
Deadline: February 08th, 2021.