United Airlines – For over 90 years, we’ve been connecting people and uniting the world. We have seven US hub locations, including hubs in the four largest cities in the United States and over 90,000 employees residing in every U.S. state and in countries around world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Sales Manager – Nigeria and Ghana
Req #: LAG00000002
Job Category: Sales
- Our Sales team is the largest revenue-generation department at United. They work closely with travel agencies, United travel departments, and corporate clients.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Manages both a Nigerian and Ghana based customer portfolio of United (UA) with prime focus on Nigeria (90%) / Ghana (10%) targetting mid to large corporate and agency accounts.
- Responsible for responding to RFPs, negotiating discount agreements, managing program performance and acquisition of new business.
- Primary focus to succesfully contribute to both the new LOS and ACC routes by increasing revenue, share and maximize program profitability through analysis, creation and implementation of sales programs, contract development, account management and problem resolution.
- Demonstrates understanding of the customer’s travel patterns, key influencer priorities and travel management practices.
- Uses consultative selling and leadership accessibility to build strong, “trust based” relationships within client hierarchy to establish United as a critical strategic business partner.
- Works closely with the Division’s Regional Sales Manager, Regional Sales Director and the local Joint Venture (JV) partners. Highly visible within the business travel and local community.
- Conducts in depth data analysis, captures market intelligence, and leverages input from multiple stakeholders to create unique contractual and non-contractual client solutions that maximize share, profitability and customer loyalty
- Responds to RFPs, establishes aggressive but reasonable goals and consistently monitors and drives goal achievement
- Implements tactical pricing and Mileage Plus incentives and leverages OBT display tactics and lucrative revenue streams
- Carefully monitors performance data and ensures that action is taken to quickly address opportunities and threats
- Engages in day-to-day account management responsibilities
- Logs activities, account plans and progress towards assigned goals in Business Insight
- Captures competitive intelligence
- Developes monthly / quarterly customer reviews including performance reporting and preparation of client-facing presentation materials
- Maximizes ROI within an assigned budget and resolves complex customer service issues
- For Ghana (AJV One-face market) the above activities and responsibilities are shared and executed on by the LHG under supervision of the UA Country Manager
- Coordinates client proposals and agreements with sales colleagues, alliance partners and internal departments: ensures agreement integration and revenue / share maximization
- Mantains and manages the United’s overall relationship with LHG
- Includes regular interaction with LHG Sales leadership and staff, representing UA during any AJV promo and customer engagement opportunity
- Seek and target new business relationships
- Grow portfolio by identifying, cultivating and contracting new and incremental SME, Corporate and Specialty markets (Student, Religious and Medical travel) agreements
- Understand and promote direct and alternate booking channels, including New Distribution Capabilities (NDC)
- Cultivates healthy and productive business relationships with clients, including executive engagement
- Visible at client, industry Global Business Travel Association (GBTA), civic and community events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years equivalent experience with increasing levels of responsibility or two years of airline sales or travel industry experience (supplier, consultant, Travel Management Company (TMC), etc.)
- Foundational understanding of airline sales or travel industry sales
- Demonstrated general business acumen and financial aptitude
- Proficiency in key business computer applications (ex. MS Excel / Powerpoint/Word and Salesforce)
- Strong communication and analytical ability
- Ability to create and deliver client-facing presentations
- Ability to cultivate business partnerships
- Travel within Africa between Nigeria and Ghana, including travel to Europe and the U.S. as required for internal and customer meetings
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Three years of account management experience in airline industry or travel industry (supplier, consultant, Travel Management Company (TMC), etc.)
- Experience or knowledge in Finance, Network Planning, Revenue Management, Marketing, Loyalty, and Alliances
- Strong negotiation skills
Appication Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.