- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Job FieldAgriculture / Agro-Allied
To keep all pests of concern in the farm below threshold and ensure maximum harvestable crop with below threshold pest level at Packhouse intake.
- To implement chemical crop protection activities for the farm or assigned area.
- To plan weekly spray programs for all crops in consultation with the Production Manager.
- To obtain, follow and update IRAC and FRAC guidelines on use of pesticides.
- To ascertain and supervise the use of only registered chemicals for each crop grown.
- To eliminate chemical residue detection by observance of PHI and reduction of tank mixed active ingredients.
- To ensure integrity of the spray equipment through regular calibrations (minimum monthly).
- To ensure the spray equipment is in a serviceable state at all times and to follow up on any repairs that may be needed.
- To implement various IPM approaches that help in better pest control, reducing the cost of controls and dependence on synthetic chemicals.
- Continuous supervision and training of the crop protection teams for optimum results and safety of the spray team.
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the farm manager from time to time.
- Ability to plan for sprays for different crop growth stages and generate a weekly spray plan.
- Keeping up to date with new trends and products for crop protection
- An understanding of PPPL’s for the various crops under production
- A very good appreciation of pest threshold levels and their effect on final quality and production
- Carrying out efficacy tests periodically
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AAA Growers on to apply