The CURE [Hospital] Storyteller is a member of a country-specific CURE hospital team, and has a dotted
line reporting relationship to the CURE Mission Support Center (MSC) Communications Department. The
position acts as a liaison and connection among the CURE programs, the MSC, and the growing
community of friends and supporters of CURE. The primary mediums for the CURE [Hospital] Storyteller
communications are the written word, a camera, the Internet, and social media tools as provided and
prescribed by the MSC Communications Department.
The CURE [Hospital] Storyteller’s primary responsibilities involve the collection, authoring, and uploading
of media to support the CUREkids program as well as other communications meant for use on the
Internet and in print both for the MSC and in support of the local hospital’s marketing and donor support
needs. The CURE [Hospital] Storyteller is essentially the eyes and ears of CURE, documenting the lives
of those the organization gets to serve.
Duties And Responsibilities
Document overall life and activity at the hospital through blogs, photo essays, video and social
2. Document the overall experience of children who are undergoing treatment at a CURE hospital.
3. Gather basic information on patients for local hospital donor reporting.
4. Run the CUREkids program by creating weekly CUREkids profiles and keeping all profiles
updated with the most recent information.
5. Collaborate with the Spiritual Department at the local hospital for spiritual content regarding the
child or child’s family that can be added in order to develop a holistic story during their stay and
updates for the future.
6. Fulfill a role in supporting the marketing needs and donor support of the local hospital.
7. Provide communications support to the MSC Advancement team.
8. Produce and deliver regular digital content (photos, blogs, etc) to the MSC Communications
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential duties
Qualifications And Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Photojournalism, Photography, Communications, Marketing or related
degree, or equivalent amount of related experience.
2. Minimum of 1-2 years experience with photography, videography and photojournalism.
3. Experience with Internet social media tools including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter,
blogs, and email.
4. Experience using, or exposure to, Adobe Lightroom or related software.
5. Experience using, or exposure to, Mac OS X.
6. Previous experience serving overseas preferred, but not required