Our company is looking for a Data Enterprise Architect
Duties & Responsibilities
The role of a Data Enterprise Architect encompasses many activities including (but not limited to):
- Provide strategic direction for our data landscape.
- Develop a data management strategy.
- Define the data shared across the landscape and the relationships between those data elements.
- Define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing data.
- Work closely with the Application Enterprise Architect, and the Business Enterprise Architect in the achieving data consolidation.
- Drive the data standards within the organisation from all perspectives including new offsite data elements.
- Ensure complete data solution design to achieve business driven value.
- Design process for reuse of data elements components, their use within projects.
- Design process for the disposal, archiving and retention of data components and elements and their associated metadata.
- Design and evaluate solutions on how to improve, and sustain data quality, database performance, data accuracy, data security for both digital and non- digital data sets.
- Ensure data design complies with the relevant government data security acts and polices (e.g., Minimum Interoperability Security Standard and Protection of Personal Information, etc.).
- Design solution together with the other domain enterprise architects to gain maximum benefit for technology and processes.
- Design, develop, define, and maintain the data architecture standards. Data interoperability standards, operational data marts.
- Design and evaluate solutions that use a combination of business intelligence, analytics, traditional data warehouse and big data services. Internal and external data sources.
- Design processes and producers for data governance.
- Manage and maintain the data artefacts in the enterprise architecture repository.
- Recommend appropriate course of action to developers and management on data implementation issues.
- Define technical standards and methods for performance, and quality.
- Ensure that the appropriate strategies and policies are in place and provide the necessary expertise to the Policy and Strategy Unit where strategies and policies are deemed missing.
- Ensure that the strategies and policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Contribute, promote, and ensure adherence to ICT governance frameworks, processes and best practice.
- Analyse and ensure alignment to National ICT governance frameworks and standards.
- Serve as a group member on the internal enterprise architecture governance boards.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Degree (or equivalent 3 year+ Tertiary qualification) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Must have and IT architecture certification. TOGAF certification is advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Enterprise Architect or equivalent role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Solutions Architect or equivalent role.
- Experience working in large organisations.
- Experience with Oracle and / or Microsoft solutions and custom development.
- Experience with cloud solutions, cloud services and cloud development.
- Architecture modelling skills.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Sound organizing and planning skills.
- and Consulting experience in large enterprises.