VISION A prosperous county in economic, social and political development with residents enjoying high quality of life. MISSION To foster equitable and sustained socio-economic development through effective and efficient mobilization and utilization of available resources. ADMINISTRATIVE UNITS The county is composed of six Constituencies, 15 administrati…
Read more about this company
Deputy Director of Roads (Principal Superintending Engineer (Roads)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Roads is the head of the roads division and is responsible to the Chief Officer, Roads, Transport and Public Works for all activities of the Division comprising Maintenance and research, design and development, and administration and planning.
- Direction, control, co-ordination and supervision of the personnel dealing with design and institutions;
- Construction and maintenance of all structural works in Government buildings and other public works (Marine and footbridges), formulation and implementation of policy matters on the welfare of the Structural Department.
- Preparation and implementation of the department’s performance management system and contracts;
- Team building;
- Overseeing the financial and asset management issues of the division;
- Instituting operational accountability;
- Securing and managing financial support for development plans and overall supervision, training and development of division staff.
Requirements for Appointment
- Served in the grade of Chief Superintending Engineer (Roads) or comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for at least three (3) year;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya (ERB);
- Current valid annual Practicing license from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Corporate membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of structural and civil engineering development programmes;
- Thorough understanding of National goals, policies and programmes and the ability to translate them to the Roads Engineering functions.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission guideline