- Designing, creating, validating and maintaining templates, playbooks, and modules for configuration management and infrastructure deployment tools leveraging open source tools with a bias to cloud native technologies
- Participating in the analysis of and document requirements for development of new or improved infrastructure automation;
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions i.e. Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools.
- Build independent cloud native, web-based tools, micro services and solutions.
- Write scripts and automation using Bash/Java/Python/Groovy/Ruby
- Implement integrations requested by software engineering team.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve deployment cycle.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate systems health visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configure and manage data sources RDBS and NoSQL.
- Maintain team and project management tools such as Jira
- BSc or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role (DevOps Certifications will be an added advantage)
- Experience and knowledge of agile methodologies
- 2+ years’ experience in DevOps processes and tools (Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, NewRelic, Splunk).
- Demonstrable experience of continuous integration tools like Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Demonstrable experience of Cloud Platforms such AWS, Azure (Professional Certifications are an added advantage)
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Java or Python.
- Working knowledge of databases both RDBS and noSQL.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Team spirit and team player.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How To Apply
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.