Department: Communications & University Relations
Reporting to: Communication Manager
Basic job summary:
This position will be responsible for maintaining University websites and intranet facilities which meet the information needs of all stakeholders and contribute to the mission, objectives and corporate image of the university.
- Maintain functionality, appearance and accuracy of Strathmore public website using content management system. This will also include maintaining the intranet facilities.
- Ensure that schools, institutes and other departments’ marketing needs are met by processing their design requests and assisting them in developing or updating their marketing materials.
- Create synergy by planning and organizing monthly meetings with communication representatives from various schools, faculties and departments and conveying strategies used by the Communications Office for marketing various university events or Programs.
- Generate all reports and analysis derived from tracking and monitoring of websites traffic.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the university brand is maintained in all marketing material.
- Work closely with IT department to monitor websites and ensure confidentiality, availability & integrity of information online.
- Create pages for important notices such as graduation, annual reports, appointments and intakes.
- Develop newsletter templates, weekly news templates and effect Strathmore Gazette updates and any other departmental requests for the different areas of the Communications Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field.
- Advanced knowledge in web designing
- At least 2 years’ experience in a web master position or with similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in working with adobe Photoshop and adobe illustrator
Competencies and Attributes
- Knowledge of website management.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Digital Communications Officer – Webmaster” on the subject line to email@example.com by 9th March 2021.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.