SMEC, a member of the Surbana Jurong Group, has a reputation for technical excellence and is ranked among the world’s top engineering design firms. Joining forces with Surbana Jurong in August 2016, we have extended our service offering to provide global consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. A progressive company, we have …
Read more about this company
Digital Delivery Lead
- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationWestern Cape
- CityCape Town
- Job FieldICT / Computer
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and energized Digital Delivery Lead to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
- Function General Manager or any other person appointed to supervise him/her from time to time.
Primary Position Purpose
This position will be responsible for leading SMEC Cape Towns’ digital delivery of their transport and bridge projects. This involves directing a team of CAD and Revit operators in the production of digital models and drawings. It will also involve setting up and managing the BIM processes and delivery of federated models.
The Digital Delivery Lead requires relevant technical expertise and experience, as well as people leaderships skills to model and support their team’s performance. The incumbent will have utilization targets, be accountable for delivering work and in mentoring and managing a team.
With a minimum of 15 years of experience in a similar role, the key responsibilities will include:
- As this is a technical position, with utilized targets, the individual will work closely with local digital delivery /design teams and support the Local Function Manager to drive innovation, quality, and support state resourcing as required.
- Providing leadership, development and mentoring opportunities to the employees in the team to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development.
- Demonstrating advanced technical skills, ensuring that digital delivery tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and ensure the designs are to a level of quality of the client, SMEC and project.
- Providing specialist advice and support to other regional and international offices to build further capacity in the digital delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Applying project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard and in a timely manner.
- Strictly adhering to SMEC’s Management System (MS), quality standards and HSE procedures
Recommended Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
- Revit and AutoCAD software skills as a minimum
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or equivalent professional tertiary drafting qualification
- Experience in the production of CAD documentation to set Standards from concept stage
- Use of or knowledge of other software packages such as Navisworks, Infraworks, Dynamo or Bentley products would also be highly beneficial
- A passion for BIM/VDC Modelling, Virtual Reality and 4D Simulations
- Experience working on major transport (road/rail) or other infrastructure projects in a similar role
- Ability to work well within a team and a positive attitude to your work
- Strive to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Communicate effectively with Project Managers and engineers
- Drive and influence best practice in digital delivery