Located in Nairobi, Kenya, the Kenya Multi Country Office manages a growing
portfolio of engagements, including associated strategic and operational
risks. The KEMC sub-region currently consists of an established
Operation Centre in Nairobi/Kenya which manages a portfolio of
engagements in multiple countries in East and South Africa. This
includes transactional projects in partnership with the Nairobi based UN
Agencies, UN-Habitat and UNEP, and multiple ‘operational’ projects in
Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique and island states. .
• Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
• Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
• Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms.
• Maintains high standards of trustworthiness.
• Role model for diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
• Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
• Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
• Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
• Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks.
• Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
• Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner.
• Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others.
• Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge.
• Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Fluency in written and oral English and Swahili language is required. Knowledge of second UN working language desirable
• Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required
• Drivers training with a valid driver’s license is required
Job Experience Requirements:
Two years’ work experience
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Intrested applicants should follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx