Project description: The KEMRI/CGHR Malaria Program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. For the last 35 years, the Malaria Program has been conducting cutting-edge research and program evaluation in western Kenya to provide high quality data for evidence-based policies on malaria control. An exciting opportunity is currently open for drivers within malaria Program.
Position: Driver II Two (2) positions J/G KMR 11
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
This job exists to facilitate movement of goods, Research materials, study participants or staff from one point to another as authorised to enhance research activities and smooth running of the study. This individual must be willing to reside in the study area, work long and after-hours including weekends where necessary.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a mean grade D+ from Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
- Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works; Knowledge of skills required to perform a variety of manual tasks.
- Knowledge of relevant Legislation-National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) rules.
- Computer literacy
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving Valid Driving License
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Four (4) years of experience
- Transport research materials, study participants and members of staff from one location to another for efficiency in meeting the project or Institute objectives and achieve the set time
- Ensure the security and safety of goods and passengers during transit to avoid loss, damage and maintain the integrity of materials being transported.
- Carry out routine checks of assigned vehicle to ensure proper maintenance in terms of cleanliness and report effects or malfunctions for proper management and further action
- Maintain an up to date work ticket through proper recording of the mileage, destination and time for accountability and control of the movement of vehicle assigned
- Report any incidents or accidents to the relevant authorities to inform further
Terms of Employment: One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone
- Copies of Academic Certificates and
- Certificate of Good Conduct
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged via email to email@example.com. no later than 29th March 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.