[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Tanzania Investment and Consultant Group Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
06 September 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Purpose of the Position:
• TICGL Economist will be one of the key members of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation team and will play a key role in the strategic planning and all development aspects of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Take lead in the preparation of the Commission Annual Work Planning linking with the TICGL Development Strategy and TICGL Strategic Plan;
• Initiate and coordinate investment planning for the sustainable development;
• Promote innovations in the design of TICGL Programmes and Projects, their organization and management to improve the Commission outcomes/outputs and ensure the synergy and compatibility among the projects;
• Play key role in identification, analysis for emerging economic trends and problems and opportunities at regional level in the basin;
• Collect, review and analyze data for use in investment plans, reports and policy recommendations;
• Plan for the implementation of strategies for information dissemination and feedback on the Commission’s activities to end users and /or stakeholders;
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in economics, development economics, macro/micro economics and complex development issues or related field.
• At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in initiating; designing and planning economic development programmes in a busy government or private sector organisation; at least 1 years should have been at senior level;
• Knowledge of multilateral or bilateral development agencies, procedures and operations
Skills and competences
• Excellent technical skills in economics; established track record of excellence in analytic work on economic and investment issues;
• Competence in the use of standard software MS office software;
• Ability to present and win support for ideas, maintain collaborative work relations with all levels of staff, senior government officials, promote and maintain a productive and cooperative team environment, proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and in multi-culture environment;
• Familiarity with programs and Projects design, including the M&E information on project specific development outcomes, interventions and implementation arrangements;
·Fluency in English.
• The TICGL is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. TICGL will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send CV only to:
Before: Tuesday, September 06, 2022