[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Media, Communications & Writing ]
Mbeya University of Science and Technology
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Direct Entry Qualifications
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Linguistics, Fine and Performing Arts, Theatre or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in preparing edits, assesses and evaluates manuscripts.
• Assist in gathering, recording, analyzing and compiling data for making feasibility studies
• Assist in evaluating the viability of proposed projects for publication
• Assist in translating specified editorial works
• Assist in providing specialized advice and service on all editorial matters.
• Assist in preparing descriptive copies (blurbs) for jackets, covers and catalogues
• Assist in analyzing reports and manuscripts and prepares interpretative commentaries on salient features of publication
• Assist in designing manuscript handling techniques and procedures, and secures their approval for use
• Assist in evaluating, indexing and/or abridging manuscripts
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Graduates should apply in confidence enclosing:
a. Detailed CV.
b. Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
c. Photocopy of birth certificates.
d. Names and addresses of two referees.
a. Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they
b. Applicants must have National Identification numbers from the
National Identification Authority (NIDA).
c. All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the
d. Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate
e. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
f. Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 35 years.
g. Deadline for application is seven days (7) from the first appearance of the advertisement.
h. Applications should be sent to:
Mbeya University of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 131,