- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationEldoret , Garissa , Isiolo , Kisumu
- Job FieldProject Management
The Education Program Assistant ( Isiolo, Eldoret, Kisumu, or Garissa) supports Tusome which is a Ministry of Education literacy program funded by USAID/Kenya. The Education Program Assistant will provide technical support for the development and revision of instructional materials, work plans and specified frameworks. This will include working with regional technical team in the implementation of Tusome in the region. The Education Program Assistant reporting to the Regional Education Officer will support the implementation of Tusome within the region. The officer will collaborate with the MOE and TSC county officers for successful implementation of the program. The officer will also provide support for Curriculum support officers. The assignment is designed to provide technical support for effective Tusome implementation. The job function includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Support the Regional Education Officer in the effective implementation of Tusome at the regional level
- Support effective relationships with county and sub-county officials
- Contribute to development and revision of instructional materials
- Collaborate with relevant MOE and TSC experts for effective implementation.
- Participate in development and revision of training materials;
- Support the training of the technical team, CSO, head teachers and teachers;
- Support monthly CSOs zonal/cluster teacher meetings
- Undertake classroom observations
- Provide support for Tusome monitoring activities in the region
- Undertake any other Tusome duties as requested by the Regional Education Officer, Chief or Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Education Specialist.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s of Education/ Arts major in Kiswahili /English languages and five(5) years of experience working in education sector;
- Experience with data collection and research studies, especially literacy and early mathematics is an added advantage
- Experience supervising and training data collectors;
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya;
- Experience working in urban slum areas; hardship/ASAL/security areas (for Garissa ) is added advantage
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills required.
- Experience working on a donor-funded project pertaining to technical and organization capacity development.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya
- Good communication and listening skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities
- Report writing skills added advantage