Position Title: Education Program Volunteer
Number of Positions: Two (2) – Nakuru
Location: Nakuru & East Pokot
Two (2) – E. Pokot
Duration: 6 Months
So They Can is a Non-profit organization committed to empowering children living in poverty through education. Education is the driver for sustainable change and So They Can believe that empowering communities through a quality education is the key to breaking the poverty cycle. So They Can (STC) – Kenya is a chapter of So They Can International based in Australia. We work in areas of Education, Child Well-being, Health and Community Support as well as Women Empowerment.
Through the education program, STC envisions Improved teaching and learning conditions in government schools contributing to an increased number of students who move through key transitional points of their education, enabling them to break the poverty cycle and provide for their own needs. This will be achieved through delivery of integrated activities within the 10 projects in the Education Program.
STC- Kenya is looking for volunteers who will help in the day-to-day delivery of activities as they acquire key skills and competences in the education programming. The Volunteers will be based in Nakuru and East Pokot offices and will be guided by the project leads. The volunteers should be available for an immediate engagement.
- Planning on the delivery of key project activities
- Participate in the implementation of the projects.
- Facilitate trainings based on their area of expertise.
- Report on the project activities delivery through development of quality activity & monthly reports and updating project trackers.
- Participate in the assessment/evaluation of the project activities and impact
- Together with the education team, participate in formulation/designing of new education projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project management, Education, Social sciences or related field.
- A diploma in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Community Development & ECD Training
- Prior experience in an NGO set up desired.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Child protection skills desired
- Community engagement and mobilization skills
- Report writing skills
- Result-oriented, organized team player.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Good presentation skills.
- Photography/Videography skills desired
- Mature, positive attitude and committed to STC values
How to apply
Interested persons are required to forward their updated CV and cover letter to: email@example.com before 10th March 2021. The subject line of your application should read: ‘Education Program Volunteer.’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. STC is an equal opportunity employer.