- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
In the context of the WHO Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) Programme, the incumbent will systematically track the emergency workforce at the Regional level. He/She will work closely with the human resource team and the other units within the EPR program to strengthen the internal and external expert database. The aim is to ensure we have a robust regional emergency workforce readily available to respond rapidly to and address the HR needs of WHO Country Offices (WCOs) and Member States. Keeping a robust database of regional public health experts will contribute to the rapid response deployment.
Description Of Duties
During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified based on the technical needs of the Programme. The incumbent will be responsible for the below duties:
- Develop an interoperable emergency workforce database that would be accessible to the Member States
- Provide country-specific and aggregate intercountry emergency workforce data to the relevant WCOs
- Develop a dashboard that would be accessible to member states with specific information showing qualification, location, and availability for deployment or repurpose
- Support member states to build their emergency workforce database
- Monitor capacity-building activities of experts and keep track of trained experts on the database
- Consolidate all emergency expert’s databases into a single database
- Review/Develop an HR e-tool for HR request and monitoring tool for KPIs
- Identify and map in-country expertise (MOH and partners) for specific IMS functions
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties as required by the functional supervisor.
- Essential: University degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, statistics, health informatics, data science or similar sciences.
- Desirable: Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines.
- Essential: At least five years of related experience, at the national level, in the design and implementation of data management tools, including experience in emergency operations.
- Desirable: Prior emergency disaster and health outbreak response or humanitarian working experience in the field level, with WHO/UN, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Advanced knowledge of database development and management;
- Advance knowledge of WHO proprietary HR recruitment software and roster (Stellis, EMS2, Datacol etc.);
- Ability to navigate and understand complementary and interoperable technologies, software and tools;
- Advanced knowledge in using data analytic and visualization tools (PivotTable, VLOOKUP, Macros, Power BI development, Tableau, GIS, APIs, and others) and sound health data management practices;
- Advanced statistical programming and data management skills to customize databases and other tools and automate data processing;
- Experience with implementing and using mobile and web-based data collection systems, user experience and interface design, human resource and recruitment analytics Working with national and international agencies active in the field of health statistics.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Closing Date: Aug 24, 2022