The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equipment Operator
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Operate Tractor with full range of implement such as mower, ridger, boom sprayer, harrow, plough, planter etc;
- Drive truck, maintain farm site and prepare field for trials and attend to repairs when necessary;
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- National Diploma certificate in related field or Trade Test certificate with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar or related role with possession of valid class E driver’s license.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to work under pressure, strong and agile and able to speak one of the native language and English (written).
- Have ability to handle minor repairs and use Microsoft package averagely.
- Be hardworking, honest, smart and trustworthy.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.