Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Read more about this company
Evergreen Requisition – IT Solutions Architect
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 – 3 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that Safaricom PLC hires for throughout the year. It is a way for Safaricom to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a job function within the Safaricom family.
In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available. In the job search agent specify all the geographic locations you would consider
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for persons who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Business Engagement Manager – Financial Services, the position holder will develop technical solutions designs for business problems, utilizing available IT assets. Act as technical lead on IT systems projects, providing and articulating forward-looking technical proposals for implementation either to cover existing functionality gaps or to generate new innovative solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage with various teams, ranging from business and the immediate development team who need to understand and buy in to the architecture, right through to the extended team of those people who will have an interest in the architecture from a security, database, operations, and maintenance or support point of view.
- Translate documented business requirements into a technical solution design for implementation.
- Leading with development teams to ensure business intent is understood and effectively carried into development phases.
- Collaboratively oversee the development of the solution as per agreed architecture, evolving it throughout the delivery in the face of changing requirements and feedback from the team.
- Set baseline through introduction of standards and working practices such as coding standards, design principles and tools.
- Ensure that the architecture is being implemented consistently across the team through regular code reviews.
- Experimenting by building prototypes, frameworks and foundations to be consumed by the technical team.
- Responsible for making technology decisions by considering all risk factors, reviewed and evaluated with all the relevant stakeholders of interest.
- Contribute to Architecture Review Board (ARB) on monthly basis.
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related degree from reputable education institution.
- 3+ technical background in software development inclusive of databases, applications, Infrastructure, cloud development , 2+ years experience in solutions architecture and system design.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Certification in Solution Architecture and Certificate in Cloud expertise will be an added advantage.
- A “hands-on software architect” capable of sharing software development experience with the rest of the team, which in turn helps them better understand how the architecture is viewed from a development perspective.
- Domain experience in financial services, financial technologies will be an added advantage.
- Strong business acumen and leadership mindset
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to mentor/coach developers and other solution architects in architecture principles
- Proven track record in designing and implementing large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organizational experience
- Ability to communicate and influence others.