Al-Khair Foundation is a UK-based international NGO providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in some of the world’s most deprived areas. Established in 2003 and rapidly growing into one of the leading Muslim charities in the UK, Al-Khair Foundation also looks to tackle issues prevalent in the UK as w…
Read more about this company
Finance & Administration Intern
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Al-Khair Foundation, Kenya is looking for an intern in the following area:
- Finance & Administration Intern
- Areas of training/Roles:
- Preparing budgets and financial reports for reporting to Head office, partners or internal usage.
- .Reviewing project financial documentation for compliance—e.g. costs charged to specific project.
- Ensuring field office compliance with financial management systems as per AKF and partners’ requirements, rules and regulations.
- Assist in monitoring project expenditure (burn rates) against the total award budget and against the work plan budget. Discuss project financial performance with the Programs Department.
- .Working collaboratively with Finance Officer to review and oversee project budgets, forecasts, and financial reports for partners and AKF head office and actively contributing in the project risk reviews.
- Working closely with Finance Officer and partners to resolve any financial related issues and following up on open points to ensure they are resolved.
- Travel to project sites to provide finance training to beneficiaries, Provide technical assistance to ensure proper financial management of awards and timely submission of required financial reports.
- Evaluating projects on Cost Benefits Analysis (CBA) and adhere to contract management.
- Assist in processing and recording of payments on a daily basis, including verifying the accuracy of invoices and supporting documents.
- Assist in compiling the Payroll for the AKF Kenya Staff and project staff and ensure submission of PAYE, NHIF and NSSF are done before deadlines to the relevant authorities.
- Assist in maintaining the security and accountability of the office petty cash.
- Assist in undertaking HR roles e,g recruiting, performance appraisals, trainings etc
- Assist in undertaking administration roles e.g maintaining the asset register, office repairs & maintenance etc
- Filing financial documents both physically and digitally.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Good communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and work in a culturally diverse team.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send a CV and letter of interest detailing why they should be considered of either of this roles. Indicate “Finance & Administration Intern” in the subject line. Application should be sent to email@example.com on or before February 15, 2021.