Vétérinaires sans Frontières Suisse helps in those parts of the world where poverty is widespread and where there are very limited veterinary structures like for instance in conflict and drought prone areas. In our projects the population benefits from instant support through vaccination campaigns but also from longer-term interventions …
Read more about this company
Finance and Admin Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a well rounded, qualified and well experienced finance and admin officer to support the projects in Turkana County. The initial contract will be for 6 months with possibility of extension dependent on performance and/or funding. This position is designed to have very regular field travels across the Horn of Africa and sometimes to very remote areas. The post holder will undertake the following duties/responsibilities:
Key responsibility areas include, but are not limited to:
- Grant Management support in assigned projects
- Provide financial, logistical & administrative support to the projects
- Implement donor financial regulation in funds management
- Manage the Projects finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donor and Organization’s policies are adhered to.
- Manage the project petty cash, keeping records of all field financial transactions.
- Submit monthly returns both hard copies and soft copies to the regional office.
- Prepare backups of financial documents both hard and soft copies
- Support preparation of cash forecasts, requests and submission to regional office to ensure flawless cash flow.
- Assist in monitoring of expense levels to avoid over expenditure and mis-postings of expenses.
- Support Program Manager and field staff in drafting budgets, preparing field documentation and submission of field returns.
- Manage contracts with 3rd parties and supervise services rendered to the projects.
- Ensure stock cards and fuel cards are well kept with up to date fuel usage and stock records.
- File and manage staff contracts at field level
- Supervise junior camp staff as appropriate.
- Follow up on field staff leaves and share with line managers
- Ensure that Timesheets are prepared well and in time each month
- Report monthly on finance and admin aspect in the prescribed manner
- Degree in accounting or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Qualifications as a Certified Public Accountant is mandatory
- At least 3 years’ hand-on experience in similar position.
- Experience working with Non-Governmental Organization(s) will be an added advantage,
- Computer literacy with good command in Microsoft office a must
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of any accounting software is an added advantage. Navision/ Dynamic 365 BC more desired.
- Ability to work in a diverse team, impartiality and able to work under strict deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts to: via email address to HR & Administration, VSF Germany, email@example.com. Include the current and expected remuneration package. Indicate the job Title ‘FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER’ or ‘MEAL Assistant’ on the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 12th February 2021, before 16:00 pm.
VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents