- July 21, 2022
- July 25, 2022
- Graduate Trainee Jobs
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Officer, and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant, the incumbent will assist with all financial and administrative issues of the office in Harare, Zimbabwe. The Finance and Admin Intern will work in collaboration with the operations, programme, and project staff in the country office as well as sub offices staff to assist on financial related issues on projects, tracking and information exchange.
Position Title : Finance and Administrative Intern
Duty Station : Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification : Internship Contract
Type of Appointment : 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
CFA Reference Number: CFA2022/10
Closing Date: 25 July, 2022
Duties And Responsibilities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist the Admin & Finance Assistants to review on regular basis the relevant Debtors/Creditors group codes, initiate follow up messages for outstanding cases and provide timely feedback to the Admin & Finance.
• Assist the Admin & Finance Assistants in establishing payment and receipt vouchers according to standard procedures of the organization.
• Assist the Admin & Finance Assistants in the preparation of monthly financial statement and during verification audit exercise.
• Assist the Admin & Finance Assistants in overall IOM guest house management including bookings and payment collection.
• Assist in the preparation of travel authorizations and operational advances to staff along with follow up on outstanding settlements through monitoring of vendor accounts.
• Maintain inventory list for the office and manage asset assignment and return and provide asset inventory reports when requested.
• Maintain the filing system and to ensure proper custody of financial documents i.e., vouchers, bank correspondence etc.
• Register Travel Authorizations issued in the mission and maintain the log register. To be the custodian of the Unit’s stationery stock (including receipt books and Goods Received note) and office supplies, if applicable.
• Assist in computing the travel claims and staff impress accounts by thoroughly checking the supporting documents provided. And maintain a register/Log for all missions’ receipt books and taxi voucher books.
• Assist the Admin & Finance Assistants the Verification and execution of payments, including processing of MPRs (Mission Payment Requests).
• Timely and accurate processing of bank reconciliations of the local bank accounts.
• Assist the Admin & Finance Assistants to Collect inputs from various units on preparation of the Mission funding requests (MRF).
• Preparation and update of the mission balance position.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
• Recently graduated student with the above required disciplines and with a maximum of 2 years’ experience in the areas of Finance and accounting related fields.
• Currently enrolled University student in the above required disciplines on last year of study and with an industrial attachment program
• Computer literacy in MS office applications particularly in MS- Excel.
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How To Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by 25 July 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Applications must include a cover
letter indication your motivation for this internship, educational background relevant to the post and knowledge, skills and competencies and IT skills and programmes that you are
proficient in to make you a suitable candidate for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19 July 2022 to 25 July 2022