Project Inspire is a local company that has been working with Tanzanian youth to create career awareness and lightening career paths specifically in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). We envision a generation of well-rounded African nurtured STEM professionals with an invaluable set of skills and knowledge for innovation and development of Africa. Our mission is to ensure young people have access to affordable quality tools and resources necessary for STEM education and their success in STEM fields.
We are looking for a Finance & Procurement Officer to take charge of the financial health of our company by administering accounting operations. You should also have excellent organizational skills, and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures of Project Inspire (T) Limited. .
• Keep accurate records for all daily transactions; prepare balance sheets and process invoices.
• Record accounts payable and accounts receivable, update internal systems with financial data and create efficient and effective methods for tracking financial data.
• Reconcile bank statement; participate in financial audits, track bank deposits and payments.
• Implement and adhere to the companies or organization’s financial procedures and policies.
• Coordinate and execute financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment, invoicing, payroll, etc.
• Prepare regular financial reports and assist in the presentation of reports to managers and executives.
• Create and adhere to budgets for specific departments, projects, and business needs
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies and managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Commitment to enforce compliance with policies, guidelines and regulations
• Knowledge of finance and accounting software packages.
• Demonstrated experience of working in a busy, high-paced environment
• Familiarity with the Government of Tanzania’s laws, financial acts & policies and regulations governing finance management and compliance for companies
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Passion for STEM education.
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management or any other related field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in administration and financial management in an a company or international development setting, including experience in grants and contracts administration, budget reporting and monitoring, cost proposal preparation, accounting and financial analysis experience
Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
How to apply:
Application should be addressed to the Human and administration office.
To email@example.com with subject of Application for finance and procurement officer.
Application should be in one document that has, your updated CV with three contactable professional referees and cover letter. Also you can view this advert in official PDF file through this link =>> DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE! Note: The closing date for this application is 12th March, 2021, 5:00 pm.