Gusii Water and Sanitation Company Limited (GWASCO) is a Private Limited Company by shares incorporated on the 12th June, 2006 under the Companies Act Cap 486 of the Laws of Kenya. We are an agent of Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency(LVSWWDA), created as a result of the enactment of the Water Act 2002 which gave birth to the Water Sector Reforms in Kenya.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience6 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
GRADE 2, (REF: GWASCO/HR/FM/01/2021/15)
Reports to The Managing Director
The Finance Manager is responsible for the finance function of the company to perform financial analysis and as per laid down procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities entail:
- Oversee performance management in the Finance Department
- Develop department budget and work plan
- Prepare board management papers for approval
- Identify procurement needs of the department
- Prepare and review departmental policies and accounting manuals in line with international financial standards and government regulations
- Budget preparation/ cash flow management review to ensure sustainability and giving strategic advice to board /CMT.
- Manage reporting of financial statements/performance to board/CMT
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation
- Establish and ensure application of sound financial policies e.g., financial manual for the company), systems and procedures for the company in compliance with statutory regulations.
- Conduct periodic review of actual performance against budget and explaining any variances
- Control expenditure for decision making
- Deal with banks /financial institutions.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the company
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the department
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff within the department, mentor and coach departmental staff, plans the work of subordinates, assigns work performance, appraises/evaluates subordinate’s performance
- Work closely with the CMT in all areas
- Performing related work as may be required.
Job specification: requirements for Appointment (academic/professional qualification/experience)
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or any other Business-Related field
- CPA (K), ACCA or relevant professional qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body and in good standing
- At least 7 years experience with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial or supervisory position
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Terms of Service
Three Years Contract
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Method of Application
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 10th February, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited. P.O. Box 3880 -40200,
GWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more details on GWASCO and the job descriptions for these roles, please log on to www.gwasco.co.ke
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.