Finance Manager Job, Finance Jobs January 2021,
Position: Finance Manager
Job Reference Number: HRJIC600
Closing Date: 22nd January, 2021
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Finance Manager, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited (JLIL). The position holder will report to the Chief Finance Officer and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The position holder will be responsible for maintaining highest levels of integrity, quality & timeliness in financial and management accounting function of the Company in compliance with internal policies, regulatory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards. Including and not limited to maintaining a robust internal control environment, preparation, review and submission of financials on a timely and accurate basis & managing stakeholder.
- Responsible for both internal and external Financial Reporting.
- Responsible for the business planning process including coordination for collation of data, input, review & submission of accurate and timely budget estimates.
- Ensuring integrity of the Trial Balance at all times.
- Liaison with the Actuarial team and enforcement of the Service Level Agreements in place.
- Responsible for recommending and authorizing all entries including post balance sheet transactions.
- Treasury & Credit Control Management Operations and maintaining stakeholder relationships with all Banks, Intermediaries, Reinsurers and any other relevant parties.
- Capital Management by ensuring optimization of available cash & liquidity requirements.
- Responsible for the development of the Audit Plan in conjunction with the External Auditors and CFO.
- Liaison with the External Auditors and ensuring that all matters are addressed in a timely manner and management letters and financial reports are finalized in accordance with timetable.
- Follow up for quick resolution to outstanding internal and external audit issues.
- Authorization of expenses within the approved limits and following due process.
- Staying abreast of all investment and reporting matters.
- Managing and providing leadership to assigned team.
- Documentation and continuous review of the internal control environment to mitigate risks.
- Embed international best practice and culture within the staff compliment of the team.
- Develop management information systems that will enhance decision making.
- Submission of various statutory returns to IRA, KRA.
- Assist the Chief Finance Officer with tasks assigned.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and review of Board papers and other management reports.
- Demonstrate good communication and leadership skills with high personal integrity
- Organized, numerate, analytical and fully computer literate
- Very familiar with the current Insurance, Retirement Benefits Authority and Capital Markets Authority regulations
- High levels of energy, drive, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to prioritize and work on a wide range of deliverables at once.
- Strong business acumen and a good understanding of the market.
- Self-starter who shows initiative and is able to drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Degree in Bachelor of Commerce – Finance option
- Certified Public Accountant (registered member with ICPAK)
- At least 10 years’ Experience of which three must be in similar good understanding of life insurance business.
How to apply
Send application to