At DotModus, we offer the best in industry specific, bespoke big data solutions. View our Services and Products below or contact us today to find out how big data analytics technology is transforming your industry. Dotmodus is a Google Cloud Partner in EMEA and specialises in helping our customers analyse their customers’â€‹ data using Goog…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
The role of Financial Manager is to efficiently and accurately oversee the financial management of the business. The Financial Manager will report to the COO & CEO and ultimately to Group CFO. The Finance Manager will assume a hands-on role with responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the company. Duties will cover the full spectrum of finance operations, including budgeting and forecasting, preparation of management accounts, cash flow management and auditing. The Financial Manager will be a talented, professional and experienced individual, capable of managing a diverse list of tasks as well as leading the finance team. This role involves liaising with departments across the business, supporting them in managing their budgets and financial planning. Remarkable commercial acumen and strategic business knowledge as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence.
Finance manager skills are those that help individuals in this role oversee all aspects of a company’s financial transactions. Finance managers provide accurate data analysis and strategic propositions to create profit and reduce loss. A finance manager’s skills are built from a wide array of roles and responsibilities.
Financial Manager Responsibilities :
- The Financial Manager is accountable for financial operations and can be responsible for overseeing:
- Improve efficiencies and reduce company costs· Put in place robust financial systems and processes
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Oversee cash flow management·
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process, including variances
- Develop relationships with external advisors, e.g. solicitors and banks
- Bank Reconciliations
- Debtors and Creditors Age Analysis
- Liaise with auditors for annual monitoring
- Deliver on HMRC reporting
- Complete VAT returns
- Review spending against budget, with individual departments·
- Present year end accounts
- Undertake cost-benefit analysis for financial opportunities·
- Reconcile balance sheets
- Understand regulation, legislation, and industry developments and how they will impact the business
- Leading the team to finalise the annual audit
- Registered CA (SA) or must be eligible to register.
- Relevant Undergraduate Degree ( Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or Bachelor of Accounting Science)
- 2-3 years experience as Financial Manager and responsible for a Org P&L
- Remarkable commercial acumen and strategic business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence.