Incorporated in 1918, Oceana Group is the largest fishing company in South Africa, and an important participant in the Namibian fishing sector. We are publicly listed on both the Johannesburg (JSE) and Namibian (NSX) Stock Exchange. Oceana is a majority black-owned company and a level 2 B-BBEE contributor. Oceana provided employment to 6 053 employees, of…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- Manage finance team members providing guidance and training.
- Review business budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of BBBEE schedules and scorecard on a monthly basis.
- Ensure finance team completes monthly/quarterly deliverables in line with Group deadlines.
- Review and approve monthly general ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinates the preparation of the external audit materials.
- Directs internal audits involving the review of accounting and administrative control
- Prepare and review financial reports for monthly management meetings.
- Prepare the annual insurance declarations.
- Review weekly cash flow forecasts and evaluate and investigate variances.
- Review forward cover requirements for foreign purchase contracts and ensure that adequate cover is in place in line with Group Forex Policy.
- Prepare annual tax return schedules and tax calculations.
- Review and approve statutory statutory/government returns (example SARB returns and Stats SA).
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Management and evaluate control environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and implement systems and procedures.
- SAP experience beneficial
- Up to date IFRS knowledge and Tax Law
- Ability to take initiative and the lead in projects
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager with minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role