- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
REF: TNH/HRD/FM /12/20
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the finance department and ensure implementation of sound accounting, budgeting and financial control policies, systems and procedures in line with International Accounting Standards and the hospital’s objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate preparation of accurate and up-to date financial and management accounting information in order to facilitate decision making;
- Establish and continuously update internal control systems and procedures to ensure prudent use of financial resources;
- Coordinate the budget preparation process or the hospital and prepare the related special revisions in a timely manner;
- Develop, implement and monitor effective systems of monitoring performance against budget including key financial performance indicators;
- Assist budget holders with preparation of business plans and capital investment appraisals;
- Ensure timely monthly reconciliation of budget adjustments to the agreed expenditure plan;
- Review and benchmark operational costs and capital expenditure with the industry standards to ensure they remain within acceptable limits;
- Ensure maintenance of an up- to-date assets register;
- Facilitate training sessions for central finance staff members and develop non-finance managers with appropriate knowledge for financial decision making;
- Analyze and report significant budget variances and to identify possible remedial actions in consultation with divisional accountants;
- Prepare divisional and corporate forecasts for income and expenditure on monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Prepare and submit periodic statements, reports and reconciliations together with appropriate interpretation and recommendations for the Senior Management Team within agreed timelines;
- Ensure effective treasury management including the hospital’s bank accounts, loans and other financial instruments;
- Maintain robust cash handling and banking procedures;
- Ensure that closing stocks in financial statements can be tied up to physical stocks and differences are investigated promptly and resolved;
- Provide advisory services on building the investment portfolio of the Hospital;
- Ensure full integration of all ERP financial transactions;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the finance team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- Minimum of 8 years accounting experience with 5 years at management level.
- Excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent grasp of Financial and Management Accounting; Taxation and relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulations related to the health care sector.
- Sound knowledge of macroeconomic and microeconomic environment.
- Working knowledge of financial information management systems
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level leaders regarding key business priorities, issues and initiatives.
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 6th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100