- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience15 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
The General Manager is the Head of Internal Audit Department reporting functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board and administratively to the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer. The job holder is responsible for providing independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of KenGen’s internal controls, governance processes and risk management. to support the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and coordinating the implementation of internal audit and risk management strategies, policies, and plans.
- Providing internal audit reports to the Board Audit committee
- Assuring on risk control effectiveness, efficiency, adequacy, and risk management processes.
- Monitoring compliance with corporate governance and various laws and regulations impacting on the Company’s operations.
- Enhancing internal systems and controls.
- Compiling and issuing internal audit reports to Management
- Advising the Board of Directors and Management on the adequacy of the internal control systems in relation to risk management.
- Monitoring the implementations of audit recommendations and closure.
- Providing an independent view during implementation of new projects , processes and systems to ensure their quality and compliance with the organization policy and procedures.
- Testing the efficacy of the risk assessments systems and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring, reporting and assuring on the Company overall risk profile.
- Providing feedback and advice on effectiveness of risk assurance processes.
- Facilitating stakeholder engagement on internal audit processes to Management and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budget.
- Implementing procurement plans for the department.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff using relevant human resource tools.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years in a relevant field, five (5) of which are at Management senior management level or equivalent in large organization.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)(K) qualification
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification
- Certified Internal System Auditor ( CISA) qualification will be an added advantage
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or other relevant professional bodies.
- Demonstrated high performance and leadership in previous roles.
- Fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution.