Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development – The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit / loan from World Bank / International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) of CSDP is to increase access by the poor, particularly the Internally Displaced and Vulnerable people in the North East of Nigeria, to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria.
It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit / loan will be applied to eligible expenditure for the recruitment of the staff below of Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development:
Job Title: General Manager
- Exercise the powers and functions of the State Agency as provided for in section 4.3 of Project Implementation Manual;
- Be in-charge of General Administration of the Community and Social Development (CSDP);
- Manage the State Agency personnel;
- Be the Accounting officer of the SA, and give approval for proposal of Community / Group Development Plans recommended by the SA management committee;
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work programme of the SA as approved by Board;
- Represent the SA in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the Management;
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources;
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of CSDP;
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the SA;
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) of the state.
- A University Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and/or any other relevant Degree with at least 15 years post qualification experience in Private or Public Sector, five of which must be at management level.
- A Higher Degree and experience in the Management of Rural Development projects shall be an added advantage.
Remuneration / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for an initial period of six month probation and subject to confirmation after satisfactory performance. However, Civil servant found suitable will be engaged as seconded officer and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project.
- The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff Regulations and conditions of service.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send / submit 10 copies of their CV to:
The Chairman Board of Directors,
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development,
Commissioners Quarters Layout,
Off Bukar Abba Ibrahim Way,
Damaturu, Yobe State.