FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Department: State Office Team
Supervisor: State Team Lead
- SHARP TO 2 is a comprehensive TB/HIV project aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of high impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet Nigeria’s state and LGA specific goals and objectives. The project supports focused, data-driven efforts to precisely target limited resources to bridge the remaining LGA-specific gaps to the 95-95-95 goals and achieve epidemic control. Specific strategies include adaptive, dynamic, catalytic, capable, and responsive leadership approaches to accelerate response towards attainment of the 95-95-95 targets
- This internship opportunity is open to interested individuals meeting the criteria below and will provide technical expertise at health facility and community levels to accelerate achievement of the goal of the SHARP TO 2 Activity in Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos states, Nigeria.
- The intern will work under the direction of the senior technical advisor to implement community and health facility level strategies to achieve set goals;
- S/he will collate daily data, review technical strategies and implementation approaches against laid out plans and use trends in performance data to provide technical support to project staff and frontline workers;
- Fill templates to track progress and participate in daily situation room meetings with project staff, and other interns to ensure progress towards set goals;
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders including state ministries of health and IP staff and community stakeholders when required;
- Provide technical and adaptive management support to HIV program managers and frontline providers on data use, transparency, mutual accountability and implementation fidelity;
- Support the scale up of proven and evidence based technical strategies including differentiated service delivery models that will contribute to achieving the project’s purpose;
- Represent the SHARP TO 2 project to stakeholders;
- Conduct orientation for frontline workers or generate content;
- Draft reports; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Pharmacy, MBBS, Public health or related field with at least a year experience in any field.
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good interpersonal relationship and able to use internet and emails.
- Experience with large complex organization is preferred.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders in HIV program management in locations of interest within Nigeria
- Sound knowledge of technical strategies to expand case finding and linkage, ensure retention and achieve viral suppression in different contexts
- Experience implementing surge on a comprehensive HIV project
- An evaluation will be conducted on a bi-annual basis and at the end of the intern engagement
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online