- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldProject Management
Closing date: 21/02/2021
Starting date: March 2021
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility to renew
Monthly gross salary: according to experience
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travels to Garowe, Somalia
Report to: Regional Coordinator**
CEFA – the European Committee for Training and Agriculture (Comitato Europeo per la Formazione e l’Agricoltura) is an Italian NGO, which was established in 1972 and is currently active in 10 countries across Africa, Latin America and Europe. CEFA lays its foundation on the principles of solidarity and cooperation between the different regions of the world in the name of Justice, Human rights and peace. CEFA believes in the development of communities and local institutions, aiming to improve families’ living conditions and communities’ economies through capacity building, awareness raising and advocacy for the protection of vulnerable person’s and their fundamental human rights.
The FREE- Fundamental Rights Equality and Empowerment for girls and women in Puntland/Somalia is a 30 months EU funded project, implemented in partnership with CESVI and SADAR, that aims at supporting Government institutions and CSOs/CBOs in promoting the progressive abandonment of FGM/C practice in Puntland.
Objectives and general characteristics of the position:
- (S)he is in charge of the grant management of the project FREE (including the overall supervision of administrative and financial aspects, procurement, logistic, security, Human Resources, quality Control) **
- (S)he is in charge of coordinating the Project Management Team and ensuring that the project is implemented according to the contracts signed with the donor and MoU signed with Partners, their rules and indications (e.g. visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting etc) and CEFA’s internal procedures
- (S)he is directly in charge of the management of the project included (and not limited to) the following main tasks: predisposition of work plans (in collaboration with the GBV Coordinator) , M&E plans, financial forecast plan, budget follow up, narrative and financial reports, recruitment and coordination of all the project staff;
- (S)he ensures the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines both internals with partners and with the donor;
- (S)he ensure a proper and efficient management of the grant (finance, administration, accountancy, procurement procedures, contracts etc)
- S/He works in close in collaboration with the GBV Coordinator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning as well as activities planning;
- S/He guarantee that all the activities and administrative procedures are in line with Donors’ and CEFAs’ procedures and rules.
- (S)he supports the RC in the identification and formulation of new project proposals in the field of GBV in Somalia.
- (S)he facilitates the synergies, collaborations and sharing of best-practices among CEFA and Partner’s and documents knowledge and expertise acquired in the implementation of the project**
Duties and Responsibilities:
(S)he is responsible of the:
- Management of the project’ budget and the fund requests to CEFA Regional Office and HQ, supervision of the administration of the project and collection of the necessary documentation for the financial report and monthly internal accountability;
- Coordination of the formulation/update of the projects work plans, monitoring tools and regular reporting according to requirements by the donors and the CEFA;
- Processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times;
- In collaboration with the Regional Coordinator build, maintain and foster positive relationships with all project stakeholders including the partners, government authorities and the donor;
- Recruitment and coordination of field staff in close collaboration with the GBV Coordinator;
- Coordination of the Project Management Team;
- Draft/revision and submission to the RC of the periodical project reports required by the donors, and CEFA HQ;
- Procurement of goods, services and constructions according to CEFA and Donors’ procedures;
- Revision and capitalization of the experiences made during the project and submission of written papers and recommendation, upon RC or CEFA HQ request;
- Information to the RC of any change/problem about the project, that may compromise the observance of the contractual bonds and/or the staff management and/or the presence and the good name of CEFA in the country.
- The availability to perform any other task assigned by the Regional Coordinator in line with the profile.
- Fluency (C1/C2 level) in English (oral and written)
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ project management experience in an INGO,
- Sound knowledge of the Project Cycle Management including financial and operational processes.
- Strong administrative and financial skills
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, especially under EU
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal writing;
- Ability to produce high quality narrative reports
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, and acting effectively as a proactive team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, without compromising quality of work
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load with high attention to details
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
Desired skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of Italian language
- Master degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of GBV sector, especially regarding FGM/C programming.
- Previous experience in managing GBV projects in Somalia is an asset
- Prior experience working in Somalia
Method of Application
To apply Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with reference code: “your name_GOM_FREE”.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.