- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
The job purpose is to prepare and publish edited transcripts of proceedings of Commissions Public hearings and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transcribes Hansard Recordings
- Coordinates the publishing of Hansard reports
- Coordinates the retrieval of Hansard recordings for reference purposes.
- Maintains an accurate database of Hansard publications
- Organises transcribed Hansard recordings
- Processes manuscripts to ensure proper materials are produced.
- Prepare and publish to the website commissions Hansard
- Prepares transcripts for editing
- Conducts draft Preliminary editing work with emphasis in grammar, Syntax, Style and Consistency
- Classifies, Indexes, Archives and retrieves Hansard reports
- Cross-Checks transcripts and other documents against reference
- Prepares Draft procedures and guidelines for Hansard services.
- Hold a Diploma in either of the following fields: – Journalism, Mass Communication, Arts in Linguistics in English or Kiswahili, Public Relations or any other social Sciences degree from a recognized University.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- Be a member of any relevant professional bodies.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience.
Applicants must possess level of knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Computing Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Analytical Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- The position is open to internal and external applicants
Method of Application
- Candidates should attach all documents to the application form which is to be downloaded from the website.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included,
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates, and transcripts during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send;
- Your application letter together with detailed curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact)
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials:
- Up to date clearance certificates from, DCI, HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA.
Visit our website http://www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply and to download employment application form.
Hardcopies applications to be sent to the address below and soft copies to be emailed to email@example.com
National Land Commission
1st Ngong Road Avenue,
ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100, Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on or before 8th March 2022 5.00pm.
Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.