|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Water and waste services – Solid waste management – Collections
Head – Collections
TCOE salary commencing from: R1,026,140 to R1,326,805 per annum – Ref no: SWM 25/20 – De Grendel, Parow
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Engineering or Environmental Management
- Up to eight (8) years’ relevant experience with at least five (5) years at management level
- A valid driver’s licence
- Exposure to a Solid Waste Management environment will be advantageous.
Key performance areas:
- Future planning and overall operational control in order to ensure efficient and effective refuse collection services
- Managing performance of refuse collection services
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the refuse collections plans (routes, frequency, etc.)
Management and administration:
- Managing and administering contracted refuse removal services by ensuring contractual obligations.
- Determining and managing the work of external service providers in respect of the outsources refuse collection service
- Human resources management
- Training and development needs
- Coordinating hiring of fleet
- Managing the execution of service orders
- Reconciling SAP billing data
- Expertise to research and development
- Managing operational budget by complying with internal policies, regulation and MFMA and other related legislation
Service level agreements:
- Administering Service Level Agreements by rendering or receiving services and recover cost or pay for services rendered.
Closing date: 4 December 2020
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.