Head, Corporate Communication and Advocacy
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience3 – 12 years
- Job FieldEducation / Teaching , Media / Advertising / Branding
The jobholder is responsible for the provision of strategic direction in the delivery of corporate communication and advocacy services to the National Land Commission for effective service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and evaluation of the communication and advocacy service strategies.
- Provide leadership in development of timely and quality work plans and reports at all levels.
- Oversee the development and dissemination of Information, Education and Information (IEC) materials
- Coordinates government relations and stakeholder management.
- Liaises with the HR on the recruitment of personnel in the directorate.
- Oversee the provision of civic education and outreach services
- Provide advice to NLC on all areas of advocacy, communication, public and media relations.
- Oversees the Formulation of communication and advocacy programs to enhance the profile, image and perceptions of NLC by stakeholders.
- Oversee the management of partnerships and resources mobilization
- Coordinates research on emerging trends in communication and advocacy.
- Oversees the development of communication and advocacy policies, guidelines and standards.
- Acts as a link between the department and Commission’s Directorates, other Departments and Committees.
- Oversee branding initiatives in the commission and the development as well as the review of the Commission’s service charter
- Oversees the Commission’s social responsibility programmes and strategic partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Oversees planning and execution of corporate events and functions such as exhibitions, trade fairs, meetings, forums and conferences.
- Oversees the production, management and distribution of the commissions’ promotional materials and corporate publications.
- Oversees planning, development and management the Commission’s portal and publications.
- Communicates with the press and manage NLC’s engagement with media for accurate coverage of key events.
- Reports on the performance of the corporate and advocacy services directorate in line with the overall strategy of the institution.
- Mentors, coaches and guides staff members within the directorate.
- Recommends training and development for staff in the Corporate and Advocacy Directorate
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Communication, Journalism, Education, Research, Extension and Outreach, Social Sciences, Research or any other equivalent course from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Communication, Journalism, Education, Research, Extension and Outreach, Social Sciences or any other equivalent course from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- Candidate must be a certified and registered member of good standing of the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK, Kenya), Institute of Directors of Kenya or a similar relevant PR/Corporate Communication & marketing membership organization
Previous relevant work experience required;
- 12 years of service, three (3) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Budgeting skills
- Organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- The position is open to internal and external applicants
Method of Application
- Candidates should attach all documents to the application form which is to be downloaded from the website.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included,
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates, and transcripts during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send;
- Your application letter together with detailed curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact)
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials:
- Up to date clearance certificates from, DCI, HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA.
Visit our website http://www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply and to download employment application form.
Hardcopies applications to be sent to the address below and soft copies to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Land Commission
1st Ngong Road Avenue,
ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100, Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on or before 8th March 2022 5.00pm.
Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.