- March 28, 2021
- April 1, 2021
- Full Time
- Tourism, Hospitality, Hotel Jobs
An opportunity has arisen within Nyatsime College for suitably qualified persons to fill in the position of Boarding House Parent. The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Bursar and is responsible for attending to the day-to-day operation of the Boarding Hostel(s). The Boarding House Parent is to provide a safe, caring boarding environment that enriches the lives of the students under his/her custody. The House Parent will also be responsible for prioritizing the safeguarding, welfare and health, and safety of students above all other duties in tandem with the Constitutional mandate. Under the guidance of boarding management, implement procedures in the boarding house and proactively evaluate and improve standards of welfare support for students on various levels.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Be a visible presence in the boarding house by engaging with students, checking the state of the student rooms, and getting to know students on a personal level.
• Assume supervision duties of the assigned house with guidance from the Boarding Master/Matron.
• Attend administrative meetings with all members of the Boarding House(s).
• Assist the Boarding Master/Matron to keep the assigned house(s) clean and tidy.
• Encourage cleanliness in the assigned Hostels including the toilets, bathrooms and bedrooms, and perform frequent room checks.
• Monitor stress levels; sleep habits, homesickness and other student concerns, spending informal time with the students.
• Enforce rules and expectations, and follow through with disciplinary action when necessary.
• Provide the Boarding Master/Matron with regular updates on student behavior.
• Consult with the Boarding Master/Matron regarding any maintenance problems in the Hostel.
• Eat evening meals with the students.
• Supervision of the study hall times each evening.
• Provide general assistance to the Boarding Master/Matron as required.
• Follow up on student illness with the Boarding Master/Matron, Nurse and parents when necessary.
• Provide students with a structured, supportive environment.
• Ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
• Encourage the co-existence of races and cultures through understanding and living together.
• Remain in the Boarding House for as long as there are students.
• Any other duty that may be assigned by the Boarding Master/Matron or Administrator.
Qualifications And Experience
• 5 “O” Levels.
• Previous work experience in a similar role.
• Methodical and organized and able to work on own initiative.
• Counseling experience will be an added advantage
How To Apply
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested and meet the above criteria should; Send Their CV and Application Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
apply online (link below) and complete the Application form by 1 April 2021.