Bible Translation & Literacy is a Christian organization that was established in 1981 to facilitate Bible translation and sustainable Literacy and language development programmes among small language groups in Kenya and beyond. These language groups are isolated by harsh climate and rough terrain; many of them are limited in the areas of education and…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldJanitorial Services
Reporting to the Catering and Accommodation Manager, the Housekeeper will be charged with ensuring a clean, safe, hygienic, orderly environment for our guests with a view of maintaining and strengthening our reputation. He or she will ensure professional cleaning of the guestrooms and public areas including conference halls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional cleaning of guestrooms and all public areas within the establishment.
- Performing laundry related duties as per the set standards and management of the linen room
- Identifying and reporting any repair/maintenance related issues for action by the maintenance department
- Reporting all lost and found items to the front office and management.
- Maintaining a par stock of guestroom supplies and amenities at all times.
- Maintaining and replenishing cleaning supplies
- Ensuring timely compilation and submission of the room status report to the front office
- Assist guests with requests and questions as necessary to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Cleaning and setting up of conference/meeting halls
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a born again Christian with a good Christian standing,
- Have a minimum of a certificate in Housekeeping and laundry from a reputable Institution
- Minimum of three years proven working experience in star rated establishments
- Basic computer knowledge and use of Hotel Property Management System (PMS)
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Applications with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates and names, addresses and contacts (Telephone and email) of three referees (Professional, Social and Church) should be sent to the address below by 14th February 2021
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,
BIBLE TRANSLATION AND LITERACY,
On the following email address: Careers@btlkenya.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted