HSE Stakeholder Liaison Co-ordinator
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Sales & Retail ]
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position will be based in the offices in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, but will require travel to regional offices in Tanzania and Uganda, and other stakeholder organization locations.
• Develop a good understanding of EACOP Corporate HSE’s activities and associated supporting engagement activities.
• In liaison with HSE Director, Heads of Environment & Biodiversity for Tz and Ug, and Head of Health, Safety and Methods, develop/update the HSE stakeholders part of the Ug and Tz Branch stakeholder engagement mapping, and engagement strategy including associated stakeholder engagement action plans.
• Develop a good understanding of all HSE stakeholder types, required engagement types, required engagement frequencies and engagement, based on operational requirements.
• In liaison with HSE management, ensure the implementation of engagement activities according to HSE stakeholder engagement action plans.
• Co-ordinate relationship with Environment NGOs either proactively with meetings, monthly webinars/brochures, or trying to respond to their requests.
• Co-ordinate HSE support to Comms (together with inputs from SMEs) in response to questions from external stakeholders, international media, international and local NGOs.
• Manage the HSE interface with Comms on production of appropriate HSE engagement materials and tools and ensure these materials and tool are continuously made available for stakeholder engagement.
• Ensure all stakeholder engagement records and communications are captured and stored in the stakeholder engagement too. (Borealis)
• Communicate any stakeholder concerns or risks to the HSE management.
• Co-ordinate liaison for the LIESC and IBLAC with site visits and follow-up actions as needed, and co-ordinate the Environment & Social Due Diligence (ESDD) process.
• Liaison with LESC (Golder team) – video conference and face-to-face (where necessary) meetings, telephone conferences, email exchanges, maintenance of document sharing register.
• Preparation of documents and presentations for LESC.
• Co-ordination of LESC queries and responses.
• Active follow-up of ESAP actions including regulatory ESAP action tracking.
• Organize lender group field visit with LESC (if required).
• Liaise with upstream (as associated facilities) for LESC due diligence.
• Co-ordinate review of Final ESDD report.
• Co-ordinate responses to Lender’s Questions.
• Involvement with lender stakeholder meetings.
Qualifications And Required Experience
• Advanced Degree in Communications, Social Science, Environmental Science or other relevant discipline required
• 10-15 years of professional experience
• Proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including government authorities, local communities, industry, CSOs/NGOs and international organizations
• Working knowledge of IFC Performance Standards and Equator Principles IV, and Environmental and Social Impact Assessments.
• Experience in conducting engagement activities with authorities including associated protocols required.
• Experience in and understanding of stakeholder engagement practices in project environment, required.
• High level of interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders including a high level of discretion, diplomacy and ability to manage conflict and gain consensus required.
• High degree of organization and ability to organize team tasks and objectives essential
• Proven ability to work independently, advance required tasks and meet deadlines essential
• Excellent report writing and analytical skills required, proven attention to detail essential
• Proven computer skills, including MS Access, MS Excel required, experience using data management software preferred
• Fluency in English and Swahili (written and spoken) essential; other relevant local languages an advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/mob/en-us/job/496463/laboratory-liaison-officer-1-position