• Take part in the implementation of human rights projects in Tanzania as per the OHCHR management programme and annual work plans.
• Through OHCHR and in collaboration with the UN Agencies, support implementation of recommendations from the human rights mechanisms.
• Support the UNCT in the implementation of a human rights-based approach to development, including in support of the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
• Support the work of Civil Society Organization partners to ensure a human rights-based approach in the planning and implementation of country-based initiatives/projects.
• Support the UNCT in mainstreaming human rights in the Common Country Assessment (CCA) and the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework.
• Whenever delegated, participate in the United Nations Programme Management Team (PMT).
• Support the Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance (CHRGG), including through capacity-building initiatives.
• Monitor the human rights situation in the country, including along border areas, and the rights of those at risk of being left behind.
• Provide regular updates to the Resident Coordinator on human rights developments in the country, and to ensure that relevant information is shared with the RC/RCO in a timely manner.
• Contribute to the organization of seminars, training and lessons learned at country level with stakeholders with a view to supporting the formulation and/or revision of legislation and policies in line with international human rights standards and jurisprudence in the area of human rights.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by the Regional Representative
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
• French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
• Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
• Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Law, Political Science, International Relations, or other disciplines related to human rights;
• Required experience: 36 Months
• At least 3 years of professional work experience in human rights, international humanitarian law and legal matters.
• Experience working with NGOs, INGOs or other international organizations is an added value
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.