The M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, co-educational and residential High school offering the Kenyan National Curriculum. Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
Read more about this company
IB Experienced Teachers
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
IB: experienced teachers in the following subjects
- Head of Biology
- To prepare and deliver high quality lessons in line with the IB (International Baccalaureate) and school’s vision
- Coach and support colleagues in developing schemes of work for the IB curriculum
- To ensure students acquire excellent knowledge and skills so they make progress, achieve their targets and are prepared for the next stage of their careers
- Planning and Delivery
- Prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans and resources based on IB guidance and philosophy
- Produce documents such as Records of Work, Course outlines, class analysis etc
- Differentiate lessons in order to match learners’ needs
- Deliver lessons that incorporate IT, active learning strategies and assessment for learning
- Set meaningful home learning, mostly using the FLIPPED learning approach
- Contribute and participate in intervention programmes
- CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
- Manage teaching time through punctual and consistent attendance and observance of school timetable
- Manage students’ behaviour in the classroom, on school premises and on trips
- Utilize resources efficiently to enable effective outcomes
- Use Academy data management systems such as LMS and Zeraki
- Develop and maintain a stimulating teaching environment, including producing engaging displays
- OTHER PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake pastoral duties, including that of a form tutor so students are adequately supported through their school journey
- Participate in, organise and guide co-curricular and life skills activities
- Actively contribute to subject and pastoral teams
- Take ownership of own professional development and participate in CPD provided by the Academy
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships and relevant liaison and communication with staff and other stakeholders
- Attend to duties assigned
- To undertake any other additional tasks as may be reasonably required by the Head of Subject/Department, Head of Academics and Director Teaching and Learning.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or its equivalent
- Must be TSC registered
- At least 5 years teaching experience or equivalent in a comparable institution
- Ability to foster a supportive environment for learners and educators to realize their full potential and willingness to work collaboratively
- Ability to maintain professionalism in all areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrably planning and organization skills and ability.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- MUST attend and complete in-house CPD programs on skills and competencies for team members
- Embrace champion communicator skills by communicating positively, clearly and effectively
- Superior personal and ethical standards.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with staff utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrate the promotion of CLAIRE Values across the department
- Good organisational planning skills and a proven ability to work with a large degree of independence, managing own workload and priorities and identifying opportunities to add value to the Academy
- Building relationships with team, managers, staff and volunteers
ADHERENCE TO THE FOLLOWING POLICIES AND DOCUMENTS:
- Teaching and Learning Policy
- Assessment Policy
- Lesson Cover Policy
- Child Safeguarding and Protection Policy
- Faculty CLAIRE values
- Assess work using a range of assessment for learning techniques
- Develop assessments in line with IB guidance
- Provide effective verbal and written feedback to learners in good time
- Contribute to setting and moderating formative and summative assessments in line with IB guidance
- Analyse learners’ progress to inform future teaching and intervention
- Produce reports for academic clinics, students and parents
- Administer examinations effectively.
Method of Application
Please send your applications to email@example.com not later than 17th February, 2021 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for.
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.