Job Title: ICT Assistant
Job Location: Nairobi
AFIDEP Seeks to recruit a dynamic and proactive individual for the position of ICT Assistant. The Position is based in our Malawi office and the successful candidate will be responsible for the support of all users and resources for both offices both remotely an onsite.
- Manning the IT help desk and responds to user requests for assistance;
- Installing and configuring desktop computers, laptops and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware;
- Providing first line technical support, answering support queries via phone, email and in person
- Support users in the use of computer equipment and Office applications
- Initiating user rights changes or system set ups as per request.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Carrying out routine software and hardware maintenance
- Servicing and fixing ICT equipment.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and resolving software/hardware
- Tracking work in progress, recording issues and solutions.
- Maintaining User account management i.e. user creation, password management etc;
- Troubleshooting issues with end point/client equipment, including hardware, network and peripherals; undertaking repairs and corrections where required;
- Managing hardware warranty and contracted vendor liaisons for computer and peripheral equipment;
- Conducting computer equipment Inventory documentation and maintenance;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Escalating complex issues where necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or its equivalent
- At least Three (3) years’ experience in ICT end-user support.
- A certificate in A+/N+, ITIL is an added advantage.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to act with integrity when under pressure
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Problem solving skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to apply new technical innovations on assigned tasks
- Ability to work long hours in the evenings and over weekends
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above Essential and some of the Desirable qualifications and experience can send the following:
- A motivation letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications, competencies, and skills
- An up-to-date CV including three relevant referees
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com not later than 26th February 2021with the title “ICT Assistant’’ as the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.