The Standard group comprises The Standard newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of Occupational Safety and Health Officer.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
As part of strengthening our operations, the Editorial
Department is looking for an ambitious professional to join our team.
REPORTING TO: AUDIO VISUAL EDITOR
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for all image gathering for the Converged Standard Newsroom, including stills and video, as well as the video editing effort for television and digital platforms.
- Work closely with the Audiovisual Editor and the Super Desk to ensure the visual requirements for Standard’s output – across all platforms – are provided with the quality and timeliness required
- Manage and task in-house and freelance photographers/ videographers and video editors as required whilst respecting budgetary limits
- Actively engage with all desks to make sure stories are developed with the right visual impact in mind and to identify the resources required from the team to fulfil the newsroom’s storytelling ambitions
- Engage regularly, throughout the day, with audiovisual colleagues in graphic design and to make sure images are reaching them with the right quality and at the right time
- Manage and promote best-practice for the use of news agency pictures
- Manage the pool of freelancers and their image gathering to make sure content being acquired is of the highest quality and delivered as commissioned
- Working with the Assignment & Crew manager, ensure that crews are available when required and that there is appropriate communication between those who book crews, the crews and the transport department
- Through the Audiovisual Editor, contribute to the Audiovisual Desk’s workflow and drive for improved quality, impact and effective use of resources
- Participate in hiring and disciplining of employees activities from time to time
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
5 years’ relevant experience with strong management skills
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate, ambitious, self-driven, organized, decisive and assertive
- Must be tech savvy with a journalistic mindset
- Good problem solving skills
- Exceptional creative ability with an eye for detail
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to collaborate on projects and integrate editorial feedback
- Good knowledge of copyright and other relevant permissions
- Excellent communication skills
Method of Application
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/ recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 10/03/2021.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Group on www.standardmedia.co.ke to apply