- March 31, 2021
- April 8, 2021
- Full Time
- Graduate Trainee Jobs
Position Title: Information and Technology Intern
This Information and Technology internship is a 6-month, full-time paid internship. This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team-player, willing to learn and able to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities. They will assist the Senior IT Officer with desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware/software problems, and carrying out projects as assigned in a culturally diverse environment. Properly document support, repair, and project activities using a helpdesk ticketing system.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Senior IT Officer with the Finance and Operations Director as a secondary supervisor to perform the following key roles:
• Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency.
• Supervise and process help desk support requests.
• Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems.
• Initiate process improvements to better answer user demands.
• Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
• Provide technical assistance to office staff as needed.
• Assist in software and hardware upgrades.
• Add or update workstations for office staff.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues.
• Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
• Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognise when you are in over your head.
• Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016, Windows 7, And Windows 10 in a domain environment.
• Some familiarity with confidentiality requirements in a pseudo medical setting
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Qualifications and Requirements
• The ideal candidate is a recent undergraduate (within the past year) in Computer Science or Information Technology.
• 1 year relevant attachment experience.
• Knowledgeable in MS Active Directory structure, Software installations, backup and archive.
• Hardware and software troubleshooting.
• Printer and system maintenance.
How To Apply
Apply online, visit the website below.