- July 21, 2022
- Aug. 4, 2022
- Full Time
- Ict & Computer Jobs
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
Under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent, and in close coordination with the ICT Central Team, the incumbent will provide first level technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Position Title : Information Communications and Technology Assistant.
Duty Station : Harare, Zimbabwe
Classification : General Service Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term 3 months with a possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
CFA Reference Number: SVN2022/15
Closing Date: 4 August 2022
Duties And Responsibilities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the first level and frontline for helpdesk technical support requests, interacting with local and remote users to aid and troubleshoot.
2. Provide technical support to corporate applications and ICT standard software (e.g.,Office365, SAP, Migrant Applications, Internet security, Mobile Applications).
3. Provide technical support with the installation and maintenance of servers, computers, and peripherals.
4. Assist with the monitoring of workstations, servers, LAN, and WAN equipment (e.g.,Firewall, switches, Wi-Fi access points, Microsoft Intune, backup, and antivirus systems).
5. Assist with the administration of servers and services including but not limited to AWS and Azure Cloud-based services, VMware, Windows Servers and Active Directory,corporate antivirus systems, and corporate backup.
6. Contribute with system upgrades and IT infrastructure changes.
7. Provide induction, guidance, and training on IOM systems, devices, and network usage to end-users to facilitate productive use of existing and new systems.
8. Maintain an IT inventory of active and retired equipment, including regular updates to the technical documentation of the IT network.
9. Perform other related functions as required.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
• High school degree, and four years of relevant experience administrating Cloud based services (AWS or Azure), Windows Server 2016 and LAN/WAN networking environment.
• University degree in computer science, telecommunications, electronic engineering, and two years of relevant experience as mentioned above.
• Any of the above qualifications plus the following will be an advantage:
• AWS or Azure Cloud Certification (Associate)
• Microsoft Certification (MCP or above) in Windows Server 2016 or Active Directory(preferable)
• Other industry certifications such as CCNA+, Avaya, CompTIA Network+, VCP or ITIL.
• Relevant experience administrating Windows Server 2016 and LAN/WAN networking environment.
• Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and communication equipment troubleshooting
• Proven experience supporting Office 365 and cloud-based solutions in AWS or Azure.
• Position specific skills, for example:
• Identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot end-user computer’s problems including Windows Operating Systems, Cisco VPN Connectivity, Microsoft Office, etc. Including remote troubleshooting tools
• Manage users in Active Directory, Exchange Server, and Office 365
• Capacity to configure networking equipment including switches, firewalls, routers (e.g., Cisco, Riverbed).
• Knowledge in administering corporate antivirus and corporate backup systems
• Experience with ITIL-based service desk ticketing systems
• Creation of users, extensions, and overall administration of telephone switchboard systems (e.g., Avaya, Siemens)
• Managing videoconferencing systems (e.g., Webex, Polycom)
• Experience troubleshooting macOS and macOS-based applications
• SAP troubleshooting experience will be considered an advantage
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How To Apply
How to apply:
IOM invites interested candidates to submit their applications to email@example.com by 4 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 21 July 2022 to 4 August 2022