Interaction Designer Job, IT Jobs 2021,
Evergreen Requisition – Interaction Designer – (19000066)
An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that Safaricom PLC hires for throughout the year. It is a way for Safaricom to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within the Safaricom family.
In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available. In the job search agent specify all the geographic locations you would consider. *
The Interaction Designer will primarily be responsible for translating user research into user requirements, strongly advocating for the user throughout the design and development process and creating, improving and owning the experience of the users.
Deliverables expected from an interaction designer include but are not limited to wireframes, user journeys, experience maps, storyboards, concepts, proto-personas and personas, stakeholder maps, scenarios and contextual inquiry models.
The roles of an Interaction Designer include:
- Translating research insights into product/feature requirements and/or design recommendations
- Clearly articulating user challenges and user needs through use of storyboards, user journeys, experience maps and other UX models
- Usability and user experience testing
- Creating the interactive layout of products and concepts
- Conducting design sprints
- Testing and analysing recently released products/features to identify potential areas of improvement
- Staying abreast of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration
- Developing interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders
- Establishing design principles + UX direction for designers and engineers
- Communicating with product managers, engineers, designers and the team at large to ensure that user needs and requirements are considered throughout development.
- Field, remote and lab testing, heuristic evaluation, A/B testing, prototyping, UX model creation, information architecture and design, excellent verbal and written communication, deep understanding of information design and user psychology, 2 to 5 years’ experience as an interaction/UX designer.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human-Computer interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Information Systems, or any related field.
How to Apply