- July 21, 2022
- July 28, 2022
- Full Time
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified persons to fill in a vacancy that has arisen in the organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Reviews and evaluates internal procedures and supporting documents to ensure that they provide an effective control system and to identify any weaknesses.
• Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and identify controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
• Ensures compliance with policies and procedures by carrying out audits and compliance testing to ensure that procedures are operating effectively with appropriate controls and recommend changes where necessary.
• Determines that policies and procedures are being interpreted properly and carried out as established and make recommendations for revision where changes in operating conditions have made then cumbersome, redundant, obsolete or inadequate.
• Determines the reliability, effectiveness and efficiency of procedures designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Reviews and appraises the adequacy, soundness, and application of accounting, financial, management reporting and other operating controls and make recommendations for improved practices and techniques where appropriate.
• Maintains adequate documentation of audit work performed.
• Carries out ad hoc reviews to investigate any areas identified by management.
• Analyses findings and, where necessary conduct further investigations.
• Evaluates the efficacy of risk management efforts by management.
• Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Prepares timely audit reports for the Senior Internal Auditor.
• Conducts follow up audits to ensure implementation of any agreed actions.
• Any other related duties as assigned by Superior
Qualifications And Experience
• At least 5 years’ post qualification experience of Auditing and Accountancy.
• A degree in Accounting or Business Finance, ACCA or CIMA
• Certified Internal Auditor
• Chartered Accountant designation will be highly desirable.
• Detailed knowledge of financial & audit standards, regulations and requirements.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines
• Good report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
• Strong ethical standards and levels of integrity
• Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
How To Apply
Interested applicants are requested to send their CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job applied for in the email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is 28 July 2022.