[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Computer & IT ]
Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The IT Officer is responsible for the delivery of consistent, information systems to support MTI’s programs within Tanzania. The IT Officer works closely with the Headquarters IT team in planning, budgeting, implementation and management of IT services. This position supports the IT needs of all Tanzania offices and staff and identifies, develops, implements and supports cost-effective technology to facilitate the services provided by Medical Teams. .
• Responsible for ensuring consistent user support to all staff, including identifying and mentoring field office staff in each location to assist in troubleshooting IT issues.
• Serve as project manager for all IT projects, collaborating with management and Headquarters staff to identify technology needs and ensure solutions meet program requirements.
• Responsible for the stewardship of IT materials and assets, ensuring assets are issued and returned in line with Medical Teams policies
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all user systems, including computers, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and voice services.
• Act as focal point to connectivity service providers and ensure stable connection levels are maintained in all locations.
• Supervise, plan and provide network security.
• Ensure valid software licensing for end-user systems and services and plan for renewals and new purchases, ensuring compliance with licensing requirements on all Medical Teams user systems.
• Conduct site visits and surveys to identify user needs, write technical evaluations, conduct vendor price comparisons and develop proposals for IT assets; coordinate with Headquarters IT department and Procurement Officer to budget and procure new and replacement equipment.
• Track IT budget and advise management on budget related matters.
• Support field operations staff in the identification and deployment of health information systems (HIS) ensuring appropriate access control and the security of staff and patient information.
• Assess staff training needs and implement training and mentorship in effective use of Medical Teams information systems, collaboration tools and storage repositories.
• Manage airtime and data subscriptions and disseminate to staff according to Medical Teams policies and procedures.
• Contribute to increased adoption of Medical Teams standard IT systems through promotion and training of staff in policies, procedures and systems.
• Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent required.
• Microsoft Professional Certification or other certification preferred.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Minimum 4 years of experience providing technical support in busy environment, experience in systems administration, information security and providing training to end users.
• Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” IT Officer”. Application Deadline: 04th of February 2021 at 1700HRS.