Carolina for Kibera exists to develop local leaders, catalyze positive change, and alleviate poverty in the informal settlement of Kibera in Nairobi, Kenya. We also combine service with responsible research to inform and assist participatory development in Kibera and other informal settlements globally. By maintaining a participatory focus, continuing to …
Read more about this company
- Job TypeContract
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
The jobholder will support the implementation of processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of an IT Officer include assistance in formulating IT strategy and policies, improving performance and securing compliance.
The operations department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily administration, logistics, procurement, asset management and IT for all field offices.
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: IT Intern
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots network environment including devices, network ports, Switches, Patch Panels, and Patch cords.
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organizes and schedules upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Maintains records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Responsible of the security system in the premises (surveillance, alarm, fire, etc.).
- Liaising with local internet and telephone service providers, Solves user problems such as computer and printer difficulties, software problems, email, communication tools etc.
- Maintains hardware and software for employees and site offices.
- Ensures that CFK computers, IT equipment and software are fully operational, and staff is able to utilize them properly at all times,
- Ensures software is updated and appropriate in response to CFK needs.
- Monitors network and services, and diagnose problems,
- Works with the Operations Department on planning the annual IT budget for the office.
- Receives IT equipment and supply orders, verify brand and quantity, and store in the IT storage room,
- Offers daily support for desktop, software and hardware for all users.
- Supports learning at CFK’s IT training Centre.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in network infrastructure design, topology, configuration, and troubleshooting,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in internet connections and protocols.
- Proficiency in desktop applications, software & Hardware troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in security camera systems including preparation, monitoring, equipment, etc.
- Certification in IT is
- Strong sense of responsibility and accurate with high organizational skills.
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages time effectively as well as flexible and available to work over-time when needed.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Great Interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Qualified applicants may send a cover letter and CV indicating the program and reference code to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2021.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about CFK’s history and programs, please visit: http://carolinaforkibera.org.