Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as
Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in
partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of
Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC);
President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG);
donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing
partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations
and others. .
• The Project Manager is responsible in Coordinating all project activities and reports from all supported Regions.
• Coordinates and convenes respective ITF GHS Project meetings between MDH and MOHCDGEC, PORALG, CDC and other stakeholders in the implementation of ITF GHS project.
• Work with MOHCDGEC, PORALG, R/CHMT to implement planned activities, roll out IDSR in selected regions and oversee orientation of R/CHMTs
• Coordinates M&E, Laboratory and HIS components of ITF GHS Project.
• Prepares and share Implementation/Performance Reports (monthly, Quarterly) with MDH senior Management.
• Leads and Provides oversight to the Lab officer to achieve planned activities in the lab components
• Leads and Provides oversight to HIS Officer in setting up a functional and
integrated eIDSR and implementing day to day planned activities.
• Work with the Training unit to Coordinate and Support Orientation/ Training of R/CHMT, IDSR Focal Persons in the Project implementation Regions
• Provides Joint Supportive supervision with MOHCDGEC, R/CHMT
• Strengthens EBS at National regional and district level
• Develops EBS SOPs.
• Work with Finance department to monitor finance and expenditure reports and report in monthly quarterly review meetings.
• Work closely with the SI directorate to optimize project implementation
• Work closely with Lab department to achieve efficiencies and desired quality
• Do any other job related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Five years working experience in program management
• Skills in project monitoring and evaluation
• Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Job Education Requirements
• Bachelor degree in biomedical science
• Master’s degree in Public Health, epidemiology or biostatistics.
Job Experience Requirements
At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Intrested applicants should email: firstname.lastname@example.org .