Carolina for Kibera exists to develop local leaders, catalyze positive change, and alleviate poverty in the informal settlement of Kibera in Nairobi, Kenya. We also combine service with responsible research to inform and assist participatory development in Kibera and other informal settlements globally. By maintaining a participatory focus, continuing to …
Read more about this company
- Job TypeContract
- Job FieldJanitorial Services
The jobholder will support the implementation of processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of a Janitor include provision of high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the office premises.
The operations department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily administration, logistics, procurement, asset management and IT for all field offices.
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Responsible for: Locum Staff
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Detailed cleaning of office areas including moping of floors; dusting furniture, equipment, and partitions; emptying of wastebaskets and recyclables and disposing them to disposable area.
- Detailed cleaning of toilets including washing/disinfecting of sinks, floors, polishing of metalwork and replenishing of toilet supplies as appropriate.
- Maintaining of clean and orderly kitchen including facilities, equipment, appliances and floor.
- General cleaning of stairways/corridors, balconies and areas around the office premises.
- Washing of windows, door panels, partitions, etc. as appropriate.
- Perform basic gardening activities e.g., watering flower pots.
- Reporting to supervisor maintenance requirements.
- Secondary Education (K.C.S.E).
- Relevant past experience is considered as an asset.
- Previous experience working with local communities, in a health facility is desirable.
- Demonstrate cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Respond positively to critical feedback.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants may send a cover letter and CV indicating the program and reference code to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2021.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about CFK’s history and programs, please visit: http://carolinaforkibera.org.